Apple Lentil Winter Greens Salad
This salad goes great with any kind of fish. My favorite… garlicy prawns.
1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
3 tablespoons Champaign Vinegar
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 15 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunches kale, shredded
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds, unsalted, chopped
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups pre-cooked black lentils
- 1 large Carrot, shaved
1. Begin with making the dressing, add the minced shallots to a small bowl along with the vinegar, and add pepper. Leave out the olive oil for now to allow the shallots to pickle in while preparing the rest of the salad.
2. Add the chopped Brussels sprouts and kale to a bowl and toss together. Add a little olive oil and give your leaves a massage.
3. Whisk the olive oil into the shallot mixture to complete the dressing.
5. Top the salad with the apples, almonds, mint, and lentils and toss together with salad spoons to combine.
6. Let sit 20 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment