Broccoli, lemon and cottage cheese quesadillas
May 5, 2021/
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra shredded spring onion to serve
- 1 cup Low Fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Low Fat grated cheddar
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 1 egg
- Avocado oil spray, to grease
- 4 Cassava or flour tortillas
- Alfalfa or Sunflower sprouts, to serve
- Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel. Roughly chop florets, discarding tough stalks.
- Place in a bowl with spring onion, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, lemon zest and egg. Season, and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a non-stick ovenproof frypan with oil.
- Place one tortilla in pan, then spread with half the broccoli mixture and top with a second tortilla. Place over medium heat and cook for 4 minutes or until base is golden. Turn quesadilla and cook for a further 3 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan.
- Cut into wedges and scatter with alfalfa and extra spring onion. Serve with lemon wedges.
Spicy Lettuce Head
- 1/2 green jalapeño, finely chopped, or 1 tbs chopped pickled jalapeño, patted dry with paper towel (if you’re not up for the spicy, add a splash of white or apple cider vinegar in place of jalapeño below).
- 1 6 oz Plain Non Fat Yogurt
- 1 Head Cos Romain Lettuce, Butter or Frisse
- Finely chopped chives, to serve
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper finely chopped-these colors will make the dish pop!
- Combine Yogurt, spices, jalapeño, and lime juice in a tiny bowl and whip too thin it. Salt and Pepper to taste. Let sit 20 minutes before usage.
- Cut the head in half- arrange as desired.
- Sprinkle with bell peppers
- Drizzle with dressing, and top with chives
Leave a Comment