If you have not tried Chia Seed Pudding before, today is your day! Chia seeds are extremely nutritious, full of Omega-3, Omega-6, high in Fiber, Calcium, Magnesium and even Iron! The pudding takes minutes to make and can easily be made in advance. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about a 5 days!
Serves 4 • Counts on HW Program: 1 Serving = 1 Fat
- 1 1/2 cup (360ml) Unsweetened Nut Milk (Almond, Cashew or Hemp)
- 1/3 cup (63g) Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup (24g) Cacao or Cocoa Powder (There are more nutrients in Cacao powder)
- 2-5 Tbsp (30-75 ml) Fruit Sweet, Coconut Nectar or Xylitol Sweetened Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp + Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract or other Extracts of your choice
- Fresh Fruit and or Nuts/Seeds for Toppings
1. Add all ingredients except for Sweetener and Toppings, to a bowl and whisk vigorously together. Chia seeds will begin to absorb moisture and expand, creating a Tapioca like texture. OR You can also blend together in a blender, this creates a smoother texture.
2. Stir in sweetener to your desired taste.
3. Let sit for at least 10 minutes in the fridge or even better 3-5 hours / overnight in fridge.
4. Serve cold and add toppings of your choice, like Berries, Nuts, Seeds, Goji Berries, Cacao Nibs, Dried Coconut, Etc.
ENJOY and let us know what you think! You can alway change the flavor profile if you do not want Chocolate.
All ingredients are sold at:
The Healthy Way Inc.
3251 Mission Drive
Santa Cruz, Ca 95065
We want to see it! Follow @TheHealthyWaySantaCruz, snap a photo and tag it with #HealthyWaySC - We'd love to know what you're making!
Check out The Healthy Way Cookbook! Featuring over 100 healthy recipes to keep you on track & feeling fabulous!
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up-to-date on the latest news from The Healthy Way