Coconut Curry in a Hurry Vegetable Sauté
An easy to make dish full of fresh flavor!
Makes 4 cups • Serving size: 1 cup = ½ Fat and lots of Veggies
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño minced, with seeds removed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp. ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 13½ oz. can lite coconut milk (organic preferred and unsweetened)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ lime
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the coconut oil, green onions, jalapeño and ginger. Stir well. Allow to cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder, mixing well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic softens. The mixture will be a paste-like consistency. Stir frequently.
2. Add coconut milk and stir thoroughly to incorporate the paste into the milk to create a sauce. Add all the veggies and cover. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the veggies are your desired tenderness. Squeeze lime over the top and stir in the cilantro.
3. This dish can be eaten on it’s own or served over brown rice or quinoa.