Coconut Sautéed Spinach
This is a different take on the traditional Tuscan Chicken. We kept the spinach but used coconut milk (unsweetened) for its beautiful brightness it gives to any food, and it draws up the flavor of anything you add.
2 small cans Thai Kitchen (5.46 FL OZ) light, unsweetened coconut. (If you can’t find “light” the sauce itself will be thin so you won’t be consuming a whole lot. Save the sauce for uses throughout the week.)
1 Jar Sun-dried tomatoes- you will only need 8 pieces, rinsed and chopped. (use the oil for other recipes)
2 Sprigs rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp Parika
1 Tbsp Dried oregano
10 oz spinach
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the chicken on each side for 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 1/2 can of coconut milk and deglaze by scraping the pan.
- Add all ingredients except spinach and bring to a simmer.
- Taste the sauce and add pepper and a pinch of salt. Once you can taste the rosemary your sauce is ready.
- Add spinach and wilt to desired doneness. Keep on low while you finish cooking chicken.
If you want to make it a little spicy, add cayenne or red pepper flakes, after the rosemary is detected. Remember a little bit of either spice goes a long way.