Crock Pot Persimmon Oatmeal
A thick, creamy and delicious treat!
Serving Size: 8 • Counts on HW Program: ¾ Cup = 1 Starch & ½ Fruit
Prep Time: 10 Minutes / Cook Time: 6-8 Hours (on low)
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 3½ cups water or nut milk of choice (or blend of both)
- 2 large Persimmons pureed (or fruit of choice)
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar (or natural sweetener of your choice)
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Add all ingredients to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker and stir everything together to mix.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.
3. Serve and enjoy.
If you have a programmable slow cooker that automatically switches to the WARM setting after the cooking time is done this recipe will keep well on WARM for several hours so you can sleep in!
If you do not want to use a crock pot, you can cook on the stove and it should only take 20-30 minutes.