Add this delicious homemade BBQ sauce to your protein for a punch of flavor!
Makes 6 cups • Serving size: 1/2 cup = ½ Fruit and ¼ Fat
- 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 12 oz. can organic tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened, organic applesauce
- 1/3 cup Fruit Sweet or Coconut Nectar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke (Cedarhouse ultra-premium all-natural brand is best)
- 2 Tbsp. organic butter
- ½ tsp fresh garlic, minced finely (or use garlic powder)
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Simmer all ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat for 20 minutes. When cool, place in several large Mason jars and refrigerate.
NOTE: The liquid smoke is a key ingredient. Don’t omit.
We want to see it! Follow @TheHealthyWaySantaCruz, snap a photo and tag it with #HealthyWaySC - We'd love to know what you're making!
Check out The Healthy Way Cookbook! Featuring over 100 healthy recipes to keep you on track & feeling fabulous!
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up-to-date on the latest news from The Healthy Way