Hearty Winter Soup
Great for a cold winter night!
Makes 8 Servings • 1 Cup = Free (Caution on Sodium) • Counts on HW Program: 2 Cups = FREEBIE
Prep Time: 20 Minutes / Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth (low or no sodium)
- 2 cups chopped Purple Cabbage
- 2 cups chopped Carrots
- 2 medium Zucchini – cut into half moons
- 1 head of large Broccoli – cut into small florets
- 1 head of large Cauliflower – cut into small florets
- 1 head of Celery – chopped
- 1 bulb of Garlic (whole or sliced)
- 1 large chopped Onion
- 1 cup of filtered Water
- 3 Tbsp Herbs and Spices of choice, salt free
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or oil of choice)
(Optional 1-2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper for spicy)
1. Heat the coconut oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat until melted.
2. Add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until they begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Then add the other vegetables and cook for 5 to 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add broth and water and bring to a simmer.
6. Once simmering, season with herbs and spices of your choice. (Extra is ok)
7. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and serve when slightly cooled.
Keeps refrigerated up to 7 days, can be frozen up to 6 months and thaws easily.