Miracle Pad Thai
“I love Pad Thai, but I don’t love the blood sugar spike that comes with the rice noodles and sugary sauce. This recipe offers all the same classic flavors and textures over a bed of low-carb, fiber-rich Miracle Noodles. It’s packed with veggies, protein-rich eggs, and tofu to give you tons of nutrients in every bite. If you don’t do soy, feel free to substitute it with chicken or just omit it altogether!” Dr. Mark Hyman
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit
- ½ tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon garlic or original coconut aminos
- ¼ cup preferred low sodium stock (such as vegetable, chicken, beef, or just water)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1/2 tbsp. brags liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar or lime juice
- 2 (7-ounce) packages Miracle Noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) package organic sprouted tofu, extra firm
- 2 tablespoons garlic or original coconut aminos
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated (micro planed)
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated (micro planed)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs, beaten
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ⅓ cup scallions, white and green part, thinly sliced
- 3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Fresh lime wedges
- Roasted cashews, unsalted
- Bean sprouts (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Rinse noodles with water, then soak them in a bowl of warm water. While soaking, cube the tofu and gently toss with the coconut aminos in a bowl. Return to the noodles, drain them in a strainer, making sure all liquids are drained.
3. Micro plane the garlic cloves and ginger, set aside.
4. Heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick sauté pan. Once oil is hot, sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add tofu and coconut aminos into the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Create an empty space in the middle of the pan. Pour the beaten eggs into the space while stirring them for about 30 seconds, until the eggs are cooked and scrambled.
6. Add the carrots and scallions to the pan and give them a quick toss. Then add the noodles and half of the sauce; stir and continue cooking until the liquids have reduced a bit. Pour in the remaining sauce and cook on high for 1 minute. Add the cabbage, briefly toss it together with the Pad Thai, remove from heat
7. Serve with fresh lime wedges and roasted cashews. Bean sprouts and fresh cilantro are also highly recommended