Miracle Rice Noodles also known as Shirataki Noodles (“White Waterfall”) are translucent, gelatinous Japanese noodles typically made from the Konjac yam. This rice is naturally low in calories, and is a good source of dietary fiber.
Miracle Rice with Tofu
3/4 cup= 1/2 fat &1 protein-Serves 4
- 2 packages 7 oz each Miracle Rice
- 1 12 oz Firm Sprouted Tofu, cubed (to increase protein, use 2 packages)
- 2 Cups Collard greens, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Amino Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds (topping or toss)
- Suggested toppings:
- Fresh herbs
- Nutritional Yeast
- Rinse rice with cool water for 1 minute.
- Boil in water for 2 minutes. Then rinse again.
- Add rice to non oiled pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Add coconut oil, garlic sauce, and veggies and saute 4 minutes.
- In a separate pan saute tofu with coconut 1 tsp coconut oil until browned, about 10 minutes
- Combine both pans and toss.
- Add desired toppings such as slivered almonds, scallions, and fresh herbs, and Nutritional Yeast