Sautéed Pear Arugula and Feta Cheese Salad
The pears give this salad a little sweet with the savory feta cheese and the slightly peppery zing of the arugula. Add a little grilled chicken breast to make this salad in to a meal and ENJOY as you lose weight, and live your healthy lifestyle. Serves 4- one cup serving, Equals: 1 Fat and ¼ fruit.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD
- 4 cups arugula
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 bosc pears, peeled, cored, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 Tablespoon fruit sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest, minced or grated
- ½ cup fat free feta cheese crumbled into small pieces
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, chopped
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD DRESSING
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablsepoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fruit sweet
- Large pinch of salt
- Black pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING SALAD
- Put arugula and red onion slices in a bowl
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate small bowl.
- Toss greens with dressing until lightly coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat
- Add pear and fruit sweet
- Sauté stirring occasionally until pears are almost tender (about 5 minutes)
- Add orange zest and sauté until golden brown (about 2 minutes longer)
- Add warm pears, walnuts and goat cheese to greens.
- Toss well and serve.