These collard green wraps are filled with delicious and nutritious ingredients!
Makes 4 Wraps • Serving size: 1 Wrap = ¼ Starch and 1 Fat
Makes 1 ½ cups Dip • Serving size: 2 Tbsp. = 1 Fat
- 1 baked sweet potato, julienned
- 4 large collard green leaves
- ½ large avocado
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup sprouts (sunflower, broccoli or alfalfa)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (or pine nuts) chopped
Healthy Way Pistachio Dip:
- 1 cup water (or nut milk if preferred)
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce or Braggs Aminos
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2-3 Medjool Dates
1. Pistachio Dip: Blend all ingredients together. Keep refrigerated. Lasts about 7-10 days. (Delicious as a salad dressing too!)
2. Remove the stems from each collard leaf by slicing along each side of the stem, so the leaves are cut in half. Have a steamer basket in a saucepan of hot water and add the collard leaves for about 30 seconds or until soft and pliable. Transfer to a colander.
3. Place 2 collard leaf halves lengthwise on top of each other and begin to assemble the veggies on the leaves, sweet potato, bell pepper, avocado, then top with shredded carrot, sprouts and nuts. Sprinkle with ginger.
4. Fold the end of the collard leaves over the filling and roll up into a snug wrap and serve with pistachio dip.
We want to see it! Follow @TheHealthyWaySantaCruz, snap a photo and tag it with #HealthyWaySC - We'd love to know what you're making!
Check out The Healthy Way Cookbook! Featuring over 100 healthy recipes to keep you on track & feeling fabulous!
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up-to-date on the latest news from The Healthy Way