Vegan Mac and Cheese
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 Sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup Violife vegan mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Miyokos vegan butter
- Salt to taste
- Healthy Way approved pasta noodles or zoodles
- Cook sweet potatoes till soft (if you have an insta pot, use it!) and peel skins.
- Cook pasta noodles according to directions on package.
- In a food processor, blend sweet potato for a few pulses to break them up.
- Add in nutritional yeast, water, vegan cheese and vegan butter. Blend till smooth. Careful not to over blend potatoes or you will end up with lumpy/gummy ones.
- Toss cheesy sauce with your noodles.
- See tips below to BOOST this dish and ideas for sauce use.
Healthy Way Ingredients:
Nutritional Yeast, Miyokos, Violife, Pasta Noodles.
Depending on what type of noodles you use: 1/2 Cup =1 starch, 1 fat
Bulk with vegetables to get a larger serving size.
Want to get in more nutritional bang? Add the following beauties to your pasta dish or skip the pasta and add suace directly to your vegetables.
- Spiralized zucchini noodles are always a hit! Sautee them before adding your sauce in.
- Chopped sauteed kale or broccoli makes the dish pop!
- Add cauliflower bite pieces, or puree with sweet potatoes. Cauliflower Wings make a great side dish.
- Really you could add any vegetable to this dish and it would be so yummy!
Italiana- italina spices are always a welcome to any dish.
Mexican spices invite smoky flavors. Add some protein such as chili spiced lean ground turkey to your dish.
African- get familiar with these wonderful spices such as berebere with a hint of ethiopian heat.
Here is a good secret: add frontiers spinach and artichoke seaoning to your cheesy sauce and you will be over the moon!
Versatile Cheese Sauce
- Spinach and artichoke Dip: Add frontier spice mix, chopped spinach and canned artichokes.
- Add a little sririacha and turn it into a wing sauce.
- Add to caseroles.